At our March meeting (last Wed evening), our very own Kristin gave a marvelous paper piecing demo and trunk show!
If you missed it, or would like to relive it, I've got a little synopsis. :)
First, gather your supplies:
- sewing machine
- fabric of various pieces
- paper for foundation (trace/copy/print pattern onto the paper, thin paper is recommended)
- cutting equipment (rotary cutter, mat, ruler)
- iron and pressing surface
- seam ripper (useful for pulling paper from tight spaces, not just fixing mistakes)
- tape (for repairing pattern as necessary)
Next, pick out a piece of fabric for the spot labeled 1. Pin it in place. Then choose a piece of fabric for the spot labeled 2. Align fabrics on the pattern and stitch along the line between spots 1 and 2. Be sure to stitch a little ways on either end of the line too. Continue adding pieces until the block is complete.
(More detailed instructions.)
Finally, figure out what you're going to do with all your paper pieced blocks!
Thanks so much for sharing, Kristin!