The Sequoya Library (Our meeting home!) had a last minute cancelation and asked us if we'd like to show our quilts this November and December! Ofcourse we will!
What you need to know....
- Anyone that has been attending meetings may show a quilt provided there is space for it.
- A Modern Holiday theme is encouraged but not required. Show your best interpretation of what a modern quilt means to you!
- Any size quilt is welcome.
- Its impossible to predict how many quilts or what size we will be able to hang. We'll hang as many quilts as we can possibly fit in the space.
- Information on how to prepare your quilt for hanging can be found HERE and HERE
Installation - Saturday November 9th at 10am
- We have meeting room A/B available to us for staging and gabbing. (We were a little loud last time!)
- If you'd like to participate in this show please drop off your quilt at 10am.
- We will pin a number to each quilt and create an inventory.
- The inventory list will be left at the front desk with information about the quilt, quilter and contact information. If your quilt is for sale you're welcome to provide pricing also. This will be the only visible identification on the quilt to keep a cohesive look.
- We (Mad Mod Quilt Guild/Volunteers) are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged quilts.
- The exhibit is not insured by the Mad Mod Quilt Guild, Library, or volunteers.
|Volunteers hanging our first quilt show in May 2013|
Friday December 6th - Reception for your family, friends and the general public
- Set up 6pm
- Reception begins at 7pm
- We will need volunteers to provide non-alcoholic drinks, finger foods, plates, silverware, napkins, cups and ice.
We need your help:
- PICTURES! We need a few digital images of quilts that will be in the show so the library can promote us. The Library will choose what photos it uses.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org high quality, well lit photos by Sunday September 15th.
- Volunteers! We will be signing up volunteers at our September 25th Meeting.
- Quilts! We Want YOURS!
- Installation & Take Down (6 ladder happy volunteers needed)
If you have questions, please them in the comments.
Thank you in advance to everyone for making this show possible. I am so excited to see your quilts!! Lets show Madison what modern quilting is really about! -Wendy